Procedural question -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cardinal23

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

I have 2 issues. Also, I want to thank you for this invaluable resource.

Issue 1: When I click on this topic in FAQ, I get a page-not-found error. I've gotten this over several days.

From the FAQ page:
Finally, please be patient. Your post may be answered immediately or may take several hours. This is an extremely busy message board and only specially-trained volunteers can answer most of the questions. If your post has not had a reply by the following day, post a reply to this topic to draw attention to it. It may simply have been overlooked among all the other hundreds of posts made here every day.

Issue 2: I see a pattern: I post something and I get near-immediate response. Then I seem to be ignored. In one case, the responder told me to run AboutBuster and HijackThis and post the logs. I did that, but the responder never analyzed my logs.

Later, I posted a log and requested an evaluation. No one did so.

Have I screwed up and gone on some "don't support" list? Or are my expectations wrong?

The posts I'm referring to are

Thank you.

I have made a donation to this site.

#2 irelynnmisses

Forum Goddess

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:14 PM

Cardinal, I'm sorry you are experiencing this but the problem is we are so everwhelmed. Very few qualified helpers and so many new infections out there with literally hundreds of posts daily.

I personally am trying to learn how to fix some of these new infections as wil many other helpers doing so aswell. Noone is ignoring you, we are simply overwhelmed with victims.

This response will BUMP you to the top again though :p

P.S. You can always JOIN our BOOT CAMP and help us :D

Edited by irelynnmisses, 02 July 2004 - 06:14 PM.

FireFox is recommended over IE: http://www.mozilla.o...oducts/firefox/

Misses Loves Kisses

Also, Please don't PM me your hijack logs. I would you rather post them and PM me if you wish for me to look at them. A PM with a hijacklog will get ignored!

#3 cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:45 PM

Sorry about that link. PGPhantom is away on vacation, so I guess he deleted that thread he had for people who were not getting replies.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button