Spybot S&D v1.3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Warp Spider

Warp Spider

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:09 PM

I recently downloaded S&D v1.3 b/c I was having some major spyware/adware problems. Up until now I had been using v1.2. Here's the problem, S&D does a search and finds a list of things, ok...thats what its supposed to do. Then comes the problem, when I choose to fix the items that are checked it begins then freezes. I have to go to the program manager to shut it down. I HAVE completely deleted the old version, so i really dont know what could be causing this. Any help is appreciated. Thankyou

#2 roadrage

SWI Junkie

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Hello and Welcome to S.W.I. :wave:
I would like to make a suggestion for you that will make your Post a little easier for all of us at (S.W.I.). This will enable us to a give you a better answer and response to your question’s.
Here is a link to a program called HijackThis also known as (HJT), from here on out we will refer to this as HJT, please download HJT from this URL:
http://www.spywarein.../downloads.html .
When you Download HJT, Save it to your C: Drive or whatever letter your Hard drive letter is, To: (C: Program Files/New Folder) name the New Folder (HJT) or something similar to that so you can find it easier, this is where your Log Files for HJT will be kept. Now Install HJT.
How to get a Log File after you Install HJT:
Open HJT, the Splash Screen will open, then Click Scan,
At this time Do Not Click Fix , after the Scan you will see the Save Log Button were the Scan Button was, Click Save Log and then save it to your HJT File in
C:Programs / HJT Folder.
Then when you Post your question to S.W.I. post your HJT Log File from your
HJT Folder.
From there we can begin the process of helping you.
And remember to update HJT as they become available on the Web.
Thank you very much. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button