• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pyrrhus819

pyrrhus819

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:31 PM

Hello,

I came across one MediaTicketInstaller.cab. After performing a google search, it seems that this has infected some blogs.

Fortunately, IE threw up a "Are you sure you wish to install this" dialog box, and I was able to kill IE before the .cab was installed, I hope. I had just updated IE with the patch that guards agianst Download.Ject.

I came across the infected web site by performing a google search of "bankofamerica" and "firefox". (I was trying to resolve some problems firefox has with BankOfAmerica.com. ) The website shows up as the next to last link (startrek..t35..com).

Does anyone know anything more about this? I could not find very much information, with the exception of one blog announcing it was infected.

#2 Guest_notexperienced_*

Guest_notexperienced_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:14 AM

Well I've got a friend whos encountered "MediaTicket". He says he cant do anything to remove it, and its surely spyware. Thats all I know.

#3 Rebelz

Rebelz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

Does anyone know anything more about this?  I could not find very much information, with the exception of one blog announcing it was infected.

View Post

Yes this is Adware, I recieved it on my computer at work. It is known as both MediaTicket and MediaTicketInstaller.

:techsupport:

Symantec's website tells you how to remove it, for Norton Anti-Virus won't do it for you. Norton Anti-Virus will tell you that you have Adware.MediaTicket but will not delete it. After MANY hours of editing my registry and downloading various spyware and anti-virus programs I found one that worked for me. It's called NOD32. The free 30 day trial should remove it for you.

Download NOD32 from www.eset.com

NOTE: download the update patch after you install the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button