Rubber Ducky, about your fix
1 reply to this topic
Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:41 PM
Does this work in XP? Is it what I need at this point? Let me explain, I got rid of most of my problems, I'm no longer being hijacked and I restored my popup blockers and other software but am still getting a couple of popups (the same two or three every time). Things are still loading very slowly and I'm having to click a couple of times before it will go through. I'm still getting tons of bad things each time I run spybot or adaware, etc. I'm assuming this is because some remnants of this virus are still lurking. I'm also getting TONS of spam (most of it pornographic), is this related also? I wasn't getting much before and it was pretty much all filtering out. Sheesh, this is SO frustrating!! Thanks for any help you can provide a poor girl who is *barely* computer savvy enough to have reached this point!!
Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:23 AM
- HijackThis ...
- Install/Unzip it into C:\HJT.
- Only run HijackThis from C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe. That way we can ensure that we have the backup files available in the event that they are needed.
- Run HijackThis, click on scan and wait for the scan to finish.
- The "Scan" button will change to "Save Log", click on it and simply press "Save" on the window that will appear.
- Notepad will open with a copy of the log.
- Click on "Edit" => "Select All".
- Click on "Edit" => "Copy". This will copy the contents of the Notepad instance to the clipboard.
- Please post your entire log here for analysis.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users