• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rcrocker

html#37049/CWS/about:blank? Help!

2 posts in this topic

Complete beginner here, ladies and gentlemen.

I've tried evrything I can think of - I've run Ad-aware in both normal and safe mode, I've run CWShredder, I've run SpyBot S&D in both normal and safe mode, I've run about:blaster, and SpywareBlaster, I've run HijackThis, I've done everything I can think of, so I'm looking for professional guidance.

Every time I re-log on, the IE home page is fine for a minute, but as soon as I open it to go on line, the IE 'properties' home page reverts back to res://rbmtg.dll/index.html#37049. Nothing seems to stop it!

I'm not sure how to do a lot of the things that are requested in some of the other threads - how to paste my logs into a thread, how to open something in a notebook, or how to edit a regisrtry. I need some advice in "laymen's terms", or need to be talked through some of these things.

Can anybody offer some assistance? Anything would be helpfull at this point.

Thanks,

Russ

Run another hijackthis scan. The Scan Button will change to Save Log. Click the Save Log button to create a file named Hijackthis.log. A dialog box will pop up. Use it to select the location where you will save the log. Close the program. Return to the Forum and reply to your original post. Open the Log in Notepad. Highlight the entire contents. Right click on the text then choose copy. Then right click in your reply to this thread and choose paste.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0