Malware crud

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Format or No? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Format or No?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mnew4

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:42 AM

ok....been there, done that, duh! lol :)
I have (like MANY others) chatted with online tech support, downloading, installed and scanned system with almost ALL of the virus scans....norton, hijack this, ad-aware, spybots, etc. software......searched and done what was recogmended through Windows files, software archives AND forums with NO results......problem seemedly SOLVED but.....NO!!!!!! The thing keeps coming BACK!! YAH!! LOL!
Seems to be that Da** ed CoolWebSearch everytime! OW! Don't ya just love the way it sinks it's roots in! lol ;)

I've had my new puter 2 weeks and got this thing that I can't get rid of, no matter what I do. I'm ready to format the HD - not much here, since it's only been 2 weeks. I do have it internet (DSL) networked to my daughers though (could that be a problem with this malware thingy?).
Anyone have any thoughts on whether the CoolWebSearch will STILL be on my puter AFTER I format it??

thanks for any input here.....I'm SO fustrated with the whole thing!

Edited by mnew4, 03 July 2004 - 12:43 AM.

#2 PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

• HijackThis ...
    • Double click on "My Computer" to open it.
    • Double click on the local "C-Drive" to open it.
    • Click on "File" => "New Folder" and name it HJT. i.e. The folder will be C:\HJT.
    • Please download HijackThis from any of the following locations:
    • spywareinfo.com
    • subratam.org
    • tools.zerosrealm.com
  • Install/Unzip it into C:\HJT.
  • Only run HijackThis from C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe. That way we can ensure that we have the backup files available in the event that they are needed.
  • Run HijackThis, click on scan and wait for the scan to finish.
  • The "Scan" button will change to "Save Log", click on it and simply press "Save" on the window that will appear.
  • Notepad will open with a copy of the log.
    • Click on "Edit" => "Select All".
    • Click on "Edit" => "Copy". This will copy the contents of the Notepad instance to the clipboard.
  • Please post your entire log here for analysis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button