#1 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:14 AM

Insurance Companies trawling Facebook:

Blanchard, a 29-year-old IBM employee from Bromont, Quebec, was suffering from depression and took time away from work, relying on sick-leave benefits from her insurer, Manulife Financial.

The monthly payments were suddenly halted. When she called Manulife to ask why, she says she was told that it had espied photos on her Facebook page that showed her cheerful. Ergo, the argument allegedly went, she was able to work. Which led to the second ergo: no more payments.

Full story here
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#2 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

And I'll add that robbers may monitor your Facebook and Twitter accounts, be careful!..

Facebook used by Venezuelan thieves to acquire information about their victims

A group of Venezuelan students were recently arrested by local police for various theft charges. After further investigation, authorities proved that they were using many social networking sites, especially Facebook, to monitor their victims' activity and rob their houses while out of town.

Edited by snemelk, 25 November 2009 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

snemelk.hekko.pl - - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button