1 reply to this topic

#1 Zepx

Zepx

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:07 AM

Hello,

I recently stopped working on practice logs due to examinations. When I returned today, I notice that SWI has changed/upgraded the forum to IPB 3.0.4. However, what I dislike about is the searching feature. Is there anyway to do a better search? I'm frustrated that a 'simple mode' search would return duplicate entries, it is just annonying. In advanced mode I could do the search, and return them as topics without duplicate results.

When I search a Topic itself, I discovered the horror that the results returned were all duplicate entries. It returned links which were not linked directly to the post. Imagine, a topic with over 100 pages, and I would like to search back for my old post, IPB search returned those results, but not the post #.

This is frustrating, and I would like to know if there are other alternatives to this? I understand how to use google search, but there is a limitation to it as it does not search private forums.

To get a picture of what is going on, have a look at the following attachment

Results returned were NOT duplicates in terms of CONTENT, but the results returned were all duplicate in terms of links. The results returned all linked to
Not to forget, Happy Thanks Giving!

Regards,
Zepx

EDIT: As we have said in a number of places, do NOT post about Practice Logs outside of the topic for that Practice Log... Also, it is generally rude to post in a public forum about Boot Camp business with links that will not work for general Members...

Edit: Forgotten bout the rules and regulations on trainee section, links and picture has been removed.

Edited by Zepx, 27 November 2009 - 01:17 AM.

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

In results of search, to go to a specific post:
There is a small icon at the left of the post. Click that. (Clicking the date on the far right will take you to top of topic).Posted Image

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button