Need help, suspected keylogger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jenerren

Jenerren

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi, so I play an online game called runescape. About 4-5 months ago I was hacked for the first time. I had someone look over my computer and they couldn't find anything showing that it had been compromised. So at the time I had been connecting wirelessly and chalked it up to something to do with that so I'm now just connected directly to the modem. Btw I use Avast, spybot, windows defender and windows firewall and they are all up-to-date. So fast forward to a month and a half ago, I've been repeatedly hacked, about 6-7 times in the last month and a half. I've had hijack this logs analyzed by someone else, I've also used ComboFix, gmer rootkit detector, kaspersky online scanner, random's system information tool,and SysProt Antirootkit. All of the logs were looked over by someone on another forum but he said nothing showed up. Sooo after all this stuff I decided to just take my computer back to factory specifications. And now my account is still being hacked. I've asked for assistance from the people who run the game and they said they will do what they can, whatever that means. I've had my boyfriend change my password from his computer at his house and my account had still been hacked. I've had a friend change my password from their computer and it was still hacked. (It's not my boyfriend or friend that is doing this. We're all adults here :p) But it's not the fact that my game that has been hacked it's I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT'S BEING DONE! I've done everything I can possibly think of. I have the ip addresses of 2 people that logged onto my account wrongfully. Because when you log into runescape it shows the last ip address that logged into it. I've contacted comcast because that was one of the isp's and I've contacted provide.net which is the other one. Comcast won't do anything without time stamped logs but provide.net is looking into it. So I'm attaching my hijack this log. Can someone here please help, clue me in on what else I can do? Anything? Anything helpful at all lol. Thanks.

ok so I checked out analyzing your own hjt log and I have this entry: O13 - Gopher Prefix: So I googled it and the consensus seems to be that it should definitely be removed and it is part of an infection and indicative of a browser hijacking. Is this true? I don't want to delete anything just yet until I hear something back from someone.

Ok so I decided to try out one of the online scanners that your forum recommends running and about an hour into the scan my computer just shut off. I had do a recovery repair on it and it went back to a time when it was working correctly. And like when I mentioned above I took it back to factory specs, when it was recovering it had issues and I had to do the same thing quite a few times to get it to work properly. This is a newer (Feb 09) laptop so I don't think it's breaking down but I just wanted to mention that in case it's relevant.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:15:04 PM, on 11/28/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18828)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Camera Assistant Software] "C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe" /start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HSON] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TBS\HSON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jswtrayutil] "C:\Program Files\Jumpstart\jswtrayutil.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cfFncEnabler.exe] cfFncEnabler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim] "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe" /d locale=en-US
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zon...1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {9C23D886-43CB-43DE-B2DB-112A68D7E10A} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace....ceUploader2.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab56907.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.ad...Plus/1.6/gp.cab
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA Games\TOSHIBA Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup (jswpsapi) - Atheros Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Jumpstart\jswpsapi.exe
O23 - Service: pinger - Unknown owner - C:\TOSHIBA\IVP\ISM\pinger.exe
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: SmartFaceVWatchSrv - Toshiba - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmartFaceV\SmartFaceVWatchSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA SMART Log Service - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SMARTLogService\TosIPCSrv.exe

--
End of file - 8012 bytes

I have posted your HijackThis log.
In the future please post the log.

Attached Files

Edited by Jenerren, 29 November 2009 - 10:47 AM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,091 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

Hi,
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

Print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.

Nothing suspicious was found on your log.

Download: CCleaner (freeware)
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4191.html
Run the installer, and uncheck the option to install Yahoo toolbar (unless you want Yahoo toolbar).
Once installed, run CCleaner click the Windows [tab]
The following should be selected by default, if not, please select:
Posted Image
Next: click Options click the Settings tab
Then click Run Cleaner (bottom right) then Exit
*/*

Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

nasdaq

Favorite tools: [ SpywareBlaster ] [ Spybot ] [ AdAware ] [ HijackThis ]
[ Housecall online virus scan ] [ Bitdefender online virus scan ]
[ AVG antivirus ] [ Sunbelt Personal Firewall ] [ ZoneAlarm firewall ]

My help is free, but if we have helped you in anyway,please considerDonating ,
see this topic for details.
We need members like you.

========
Shouldn't water be worth more than diamonds?
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#4 Jenerren

Jenerren

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.1
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (UAC is enabled)
Out of date service pack!!
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Enabled!
avast! Antivirus
WMIC entry does not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
avast! updated!
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Spybot - Search & Destroy
CCleaner
Java™ 6 Update 16
Java™ 6 Update 6
Out of date Java installed!
Adobe Flash Player 10
Adobe Reader 8.1.2
Out of date Adobe Reader installed!
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent

Windows Defender MSASCui.exe
DNS Vulnerability Check:

GREAT! (Not vulnerable to DNS cache poisoning)

`````````End of Log```````````

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,091 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

Please download JavaRa

If you get this message:
Problems with the download? Please use this direct link or try another mirror.

Select the Direct link download unzip it to your Desktop.

Double click JavaRa.exe then click Remove Older Versions.

Follow any prompts; a log will popup (JavaRa.log)-- please post the contents of this log.

Next, open JavaRa.exe again, and select Search For Updates.

Select Update Using Sun Java's Website --> Search, and continue the instructions for downloading and installing the latest Java version. Download this one JRE 6 Update 17.

===
Visit Link to ADOBE
and download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
Having the latest updates ensures there are no security vulnerabilities in your system.

When time permits get the SP2 for Vista.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#6 Jenerren

Jenerren

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hi there :) thanks for looking everything over. But what do you think the problem is? I mean I've done just about everything I can think of to find something hidden on my computer. Is it possible to have a keylogger that just isn't able to be found? Could there be something in the MBR (master boot record) or in the BIOS? I've followed your directions. Anything else I should do?

#7 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,091 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

Could there be something in the MBR (master boot record)

Check it out.

Please download this file, place it on our desktop and run it.
http://www2.gmer.net/mbr/mbr.exe
It will run very fast.

Search the (mbr.log) inside your computer (it will be in Notepad) and post its content here.

Let me see the results.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#8 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,091 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:19 AM

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button