Someone monitoring my web activities and my box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 s0f7war3play

s0f7war3play

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

Hi, here is a mac user, i cannot use HijackThis therefore, and i have a biiiig issue with an hacker, ongoing from at least 11 months.
Let's describe it somehow.
I was learning to use ssh connection and rsa and dsa encryption, (which is not that safe i know if you do not kwon how to use it). While that a friend of mine, who was giving me some web space on his server, told me something like, why don't you connect again to my website? i will speed up the connection with i new software.
I shouldn't have had trust in him but i was not used to be the target of such a behavior. Anyhow EVERYTHING started to happen. In two months i was inscribed in a bag of social network with my account, my real accounts were changed, i was going mad about it.

Then i just made a reset of the system and installed MACOSX again. It went better, but my printer is not working any more, it gives problem of software compatibility, when before it was perfectly working. I don't know why.

I know there is still something on my hard drive, i'm searching for an host file, but i do not know where to start.

Then, the last, but not for importance, is that i meet that guy again, this time in reality. I have a HSDPA USIm connection, and it was perfectly working, but then that guy had the phone number of my sim and it became a hell. The connection is not working any more, and he just doesn't let me go to sites that he doesn't want me to go. This because he wants me to do what he wants me to and that's all. It's terrible, im aware he does know everything i do on the web....

I feel like there is no escape and my family doesn't know anything about this. I have to solve it by myself.
Please help.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

You will probably need to go to a Mac forum for help... We deal with PCs here and most of what you are saying doesn't even make sense in working with PCs... Without a log to sort it out, it is unlikely that we will be able to even find the problem... Without knowing about Macs, I would probably totally wipe the hard drive, reinstall the operating system and start over... If the problem persists after that, it is likely it involves online accounts, so I would then cancel those accounts and start over...

Keep in mind that if your computer is networked with other computers in your home and you are correct about this person hacking your system, this person probably also has access to your families other computers and any personal information on those computers, including bank accounts and such... If that is the case, you need to talk to them about this since everyone is in financial danger...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 s0f7war3play

s0f7war3play

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

If that is the case, you need to talk to them about this since everyone is in financial danger...

I did, but they are some kind of skeptical in this sense. I don't exactly know how to make them understand that information security is important. I will try again. And thank you, you're the first one who gives me the reason...
;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button