sset.exe what is it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suenick

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

I just spent the last 24 hours cleaning my system of things like sysupd.exe, n-case, clientman, msgked.exe, etc.

When removing n-case, it forced me to download and install a program to uninstall n-case. I reluctantly agreed. I'm left with something on my system called sset.exe (creation date/time matches when I installed and ran the n-case uninstall program) but a google search comes up empty. It doesn't get picked up by adaware or spybot.

first Does anyone know what sset.exe is?

second N-case claims they are installed only when you install some freeware program. However, I've not installed anything in AGES, other than hijackthis and cwsshredder last night to solve the sysupd.exe problem, and I feel certain it would not have been in those files. The n-case appeared today only. I run adaware and spybot every weekend and I use norton internet securities. The last program I installed was sometime last year. Is n-case lying about how it's installed? Can you get it, and the other nasties I've had the last 24 hours, just by visiting a webpage? I got the sysupd.exe just by visiting a recipe website, of all things.

Edited by suenick, 20 May 2004 - 08:16 PM.

#2 Mere_Mortal

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:58 AM

Hi suenick, and Welcome :)

This has a little info on sset.exe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button