• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biccio

res://asopf.dll/index.html#22776

2 posts in this topic

I am completely new to forums, please be patients if i do not do anything right, also because i do not understand well computer's language.

My problem is the following:

My homepage setting has been changed to res://asopf.dll/index.html#22776 and there is no way I can get rid of this. After rebooting my pc the setting is still there. I have already run SpyBot. I fixed what there was to fix, yet there were two things it could not fix. This is the message that appeared:

"some problems could not be fixed, the reason could be that associated files are still in use [in memory]. This could be fixed after restart"

This could not be fixed after restart

I have also run HijackThis. I tried to delete all the res://asopf.dll/index.html#22776 related things, but as soon as I use explorer again, everyhting comes back as before, and running HijackThis once again those res://asopf.dll/index.html#22776 related things appear again.

I can't open the hijackthis log as it seems the program needed to open it is not recognised.

any idea?

many thanks in advance.

Fabrizio

1. HijackThis ...
    • Double click on "My Computer" to open it.
    • Double click on the local "C-Drive" to open it.
    • Click on "File" => "New Folder" and name it HJT. i.e. The folder will be C:\HJT.
    • Please download HijackThis from any of the following locations:

[*]Install/Unzip it into C:\HJT.

[*]Only run HijackThis from C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe. That way we can ensure that we have the backup files available in the event that they are needed.

[*]Run HijackThis, click on scan and wait for the scan to finish.

[*]The "Scan" button will change to "Save Log", click on it and simply press "Save" on the window that will appear.

[*]Notepad will open with a copy of the log.

• Click on "Edit" => "Select All".
  • Click on "Edit" => "Copy". This will copy the contents of the Notepad instance to the clipboard.

[*]Please post your entire log here for analysis.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0