• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ford101

ford101

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I already use thunderbird, which is working well for me, but Id like to know if there are any other email client programs out there, that have smileys and various stationery. Please don't suggest Incredimail, if anyone has used it then they'll know why I hate it with a vengence.

Thanks to all in advance. :D

#2 NAMOR

NAMOR

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:07 PM

there is Calypso and Pegasus. I have used Calypso, which is simple easy to use email program. I haven't used Pegasus before, but it has been mentioned many times on various forums. (both freeware)

http://www.rosecitys...re.com/calypso/

http://www.pmail.com/

#3 ford101

ford101

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for that NAMOR, I'll check them both out. :wave:

#4 alandk

alandk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

I'll endorse Pegasus as a mail client. I am an IT consultant and have converted most of my clients to using Pegasus, helping them avoid email viruses.

They also supply a pretty good mail server, Mercury, which is FOC and easy to configure (it now includes readily maintainable anti-spam filtering).

Hope this helps.
Alan D K

#5 ford101

ford101

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

Hi alan

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I downloaded pegasus, and although you are both probably right in it's ease of use, I found it the opposite. :unsure: . Probably because of my lack of knowledge about how it works( and there are oh so many buttons :wtf: )
I like thunderbird because it was an absolute breeze to download and setup, as was calypso. Im sure when I grow a few more brain cells that I will use pegasus.
Thanks again
:D

#6 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:29 PM

Pegasus easy to use? I don't see anyone saying that.

In fact, most people even big fans of Pegasus would say that the UI is a little confusing espically for a newbie.
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button