• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcdirt

What CAN Trojans trap?

2 posts in this topic

Great site - so far I have foud out how to setup AdAware and Spybot properly and also found out that the AVG e-mail scanner has to be downloaded and installed separately - I thought I was protected by the basic version.

After a definitions update, AVG found a Trojan on my PC (PSW.Keylogger.k). The PC had been checked and was clean several days before. The only thing I remember out of the ordinary about that time was that a ZoneAlarm alert came up telling me that Explorer was trying to act as a server and I denied access.

Anyway - AVG removed the Trojan and I have been onto all my banking sites etc, checked the balances (OK) and changed my passwords.

I'm wondering exactly what Trojans CAN do. I keep all my passwords in a password manager (Access Manager) and use cut and paste to enter all my ID, Username, Password etc into login dialogs etc. Will a Trojan still be able to capture these or is this another level of protection?

Many thanks

McDirt

It depends.

Some trojans can monitor keystrokes (Spector, WinWhatWhere, etc), some can act as servers for dynamic warez hosting, and some can act as a DDoS mechanism.

In your case, I think you're fine, but you may wish to switch to Firefox for browsing, as its password manager works quite nicely and loads the passwords directly into the fields when an applicable page comes up. No extra .exe files will run in Task Manager.