5 replies to this topic

#1 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

Sorry it took so long but now we have a nice clean 64-bit centOS etc.
Enjoy!
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#2 duckfeet

duckfeet

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

YAYYYY!

ThankYou!
My help is free. However, Donations in support of this website are always appreciated!

#3 Spock

Spock

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

I had noticed that spywareinfo.com had gone down some time ago. Since I wasn't overly active and just maintained the link for my students, I removed it from my website.

Now I see you are back but have lost the domain.

What happened?

#4 lance_yien

lance_yien

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:01 AM

Thank you cnm :thumbup:
EI | SWI | ZEBULON | Posted Image | Posted Image

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation. Please, see here for details.

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,399 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

I had noticed that spywareinfo.com had gone down some time ago. Since I wasn't overly active and just maintained the link for my students, I removed it from my website.

Now I see you are back but have lost the domain.

What happened?

Please see old news topics:

http://www.spywarein...einfoforuminfo/

http://www.spywarein...nfocom-is-lost/
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#6 Spock

Spock

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

Please see old news topics: ...

From the referenced topics:

We lost the spywareinfo.com domain (no one but Mike himself could have renewed the registration) ...

Since the owner, Mike Healan, disappeared completely in September 2006 ...

Too bad no one had a more direct connection with him. I see in another (not to be linked to) topic he came back for a short time but that was some time ago. I will refrain from posting to the topic I just mentioned as that would resurrect it and I'm sure he would prefer it to remain buried but I do want to add my hope that he return to actively working with this group.

He is one of the group that helped me launch my teaching website back in 2002. In fact, we used the template for his (then current) website SpywareInfo.com as the template for my forum as it would help speed development. Sadly, it seems my website is going to go away as well, I would hate to think that it had been preceded by one of its creators.

Mike, if you can read this, know that you have another ally in life, if not in the fight against Spyware (for which I am not predisposed). May you be well.

[Added]
Now that I'm aware of the problem, I have modified certain links on my website to reflect the current status here. Feel free to take a look if you like and, if such links aren't allowed, I fully expect one of the moderators or Admins to remove them.

PCTalk Volunteers

Educational Links - Security

Edited by Spock, 29 August 2010 - 11:14 PM.

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!