antivirus software question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tool

tool

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

which one is better? webroot antivirus with spy sweeper or avg free 2011?

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Have you Googled for antivirus reviews?? The only way anyone could objectively answer your question is if they are using both programs and the main people who do that are the ones doing reviews... Of course, you need to be careful about the source of the review since many of the rogue programs set up reviews that favor their scam products...

AVG has seriously compromised themselves over the last few years by including toolbars to earn them some extra cash and they have become rather bloated... Webroot started off as an anti-spyware company and only recently took on antivirus responsibility, so I don't know if they are as good...

Most malware fighters seem to recommend Avast for a free program and I recommend NOD32 for one that you pay for...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 dj07

dj07

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

It’s very tough task to say which one is better, but I can tell you about my experience. I’m using AVG’s free version and Immunet together and they both are working fine together.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

I am not familiar with Immunet - however, if it is another antivirus, you are risking your security by running two antivirus programs in resident mode on the same computer...  While it is safe to run one in resident mode and use the other only for occasional scans, it isn't safe to run both at the same time... 

Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 adambrown

adambrown

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

which one is better? webroot antivirus with spy sweeper or avg free 2011?

Hi,

I can suggest you that paid antivirus softwares are much better than free antivirus softwares as these can remove every type of virus. So, McaFee and Kespersky is best for removing virus.

Edited by adambrown, 11 March 2013 - 06:44 AM.

SPAM links deleted... SPAM posting ability removed...

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

It is not true that paid antivirus software is more effective than free software as a rule...  Some are probably better and some are clearly worse...  Neither has the ability to remove every type of virus...  There is NO antivirus that is 100% effective... 

Budfred

#7 adambrown

adambrown

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

It is not true that paid antivirus software is more effective than free software as a rule...  Some are probably better and some are clearly worse...  Neither has the ability to remove every type of virus...  There is NO antivirus that is 100% effective... 

Hi,

Please provide me the names of some free antivirus so that i can also use them in future.

SPAM links deleted... SPAM posting ability removed...

#8 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Please look through any number of existing topics on the forum that discuss this...  Avast is probably the one that is mentioned most often, but there are a few others that are considered to be okay...  An obvious one at this point is Microsoft Essentials...

Budfred

#9 alexalbert

alexalbert

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

I prefer Norton it block all kind of virus and give full support to their user for solving their problem by norton help team.

#10 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

It turns out that adambrown is a SPAMmer and it seems extremely likely that you, alexalbert, are as well - if you are not actually the same person...  If you add any SPAMming links, you will be promptly banned... 

Budfred

#11 edwardsmith

edwardsmith

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

My first preference is that those antivirus gives best virus removal service to me for protecting my data. 

#12 dj07

dj07

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

I prefer AVG free 2011...but I have been using Norton, Kaspersky, Immunet Plus antivirus and Avast for my system protection and they work fine. Regular updates and scan is enough to keep my system free from virus infections.

EDIT: To disable link... You have now referenced Immunet several times and chose to include a link this time... It appears that you are trying to promote this program and that will not be accepted in this forum... Any further efforts to promote it will result in being banned as a SPAMmer... Please do not post any more references or links to programs that you wish to promote... Thank you...

Edited by Budfred, 03 June 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#13 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

In addition to posting a link to an antivirus which is not commonly used, you are also apparently advocating using several antivirus programs at the same time - this is NOT a good idea since they can actually interfere with each other...  If you are referring to using them in non-resident mode, at least one of them needs to be resident and then turned off if you choose to run a scan with one of the others... 

Budfred

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button