Hyjack prevention??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tomcat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:57 AM

Ok, I.ve been hit by a hyjacker a couple of times now and it seems the bad guys are just getting better each time. Things are harder to remove. I would now like to get some advice about how to protect my machine from future hyjacks. What can a person do to protect themselves. I see that Ad-Aware has some protection elements. Do the free ones work on Ad-aware or is it a good idea to purchase the upgrade and get the ad-watch aspect of ad-aware? Are there defensive measures that exist in Windows itself? What I really want is a program that stops outsiders from hyjacking my machine BEFORE it happens... ANy suggestions, it seems if we all focused more on defence it might make people's work on this site a little easier. Perhaps this could be an ongoing discussion to help non informed people like myself?

PS: AS one who has been hit a couple of times I really can't thank enough those who work so hard to help people get rid if this terrible problem. These hyjackings are really the worst form of social vanadlism...

#2 Gwyrox732

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:01 AM

For lots of excellent advice please read So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place?
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button