prevention???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 tomcat

tomcat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:57 AM

Ok, I.ve been hit by a hyjacker a couple of times now and it seems the bad guys are just getting better each time. Things are harder to remove. I would now like to get some advice about how to protect my machine from future hyjacks. What can a person do to protect themselves. I see that Ad-Aware has some protection elements. Do the free ones work on Ad-aware or is it a good idea to purchase the upgrade and get the ad-watch aspect of ad-aware? Are there defensive measures that exist in Windows itself? What I really want is a program that stops outsiders from hyjacking my machine BEFORE it happens... ANy suggestions, it seems if we all focused more on defence it might make people's work on this site a little easier. Perhaps this could be an ongoing discussion to help non informed people like myself?

PS: AS one who has been hit a couple of times I really can't thank enough those who work so hard to help people get rid if this terrible problem. These hyjackings are really the worst form of social vanadlism...

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

Dupe of http://forums.spywar...showtopic=13075

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button