• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jamesharrison_

Jamesharrison_

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:39 AM

Hi there,

I recently installed a product "Interactive Organizer", needless to say i wasnt happy with it, and just when i thought the uninstall went smooth i now see an annoying context menu item from the product that i canot seem to remove.

When I try to delete the folder with 1 single file in it IoMenu.dll i get an error that access is denied, I checked to see if there were any processes running that may hinder this but couldnt find any. Also I could not find the Io context entry in the registry to delete (maybe im not looking in the right places?) although i did see the winzip context entries etc.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Jamesharrison_

Jamesharrison_

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

just a bump, any suggestions ?

#3 Bob Jones

Bob Jones

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

I have the same problem. Removed the Intermedia Organizer program but can not remove IoMenu.dll.

#4 Bob Jones

Bob Jones

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

When I try to delete the folder with 1 single file in it IoMenu.dll i get an error that access is denied, I checked to see if there were any processes running that may hinder this but couldnt find any.

James:

I did a Control-Alt-Delete and found that even after I'd uninstalled Interactive Organizer, it was still loaded into memory. So I shut down the process and found that I could then delete the offending .dll file.

Further, I found a little PC Mag utility called Context Edit that let me easily delete the Interactive Organizer reference that remained in my Windows Explorer | File menu.

Look for contextedit11.zip if you need to do the same.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button