Problems Updating CWShredder?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phapster

phapster

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:42 PM

Hi all. I just went through a crazy ordeal fighting the HackerDefender / outhost bug. What a nasty bug!

Anyway, I wanted to check with you all to see if you were experiencing the same thing with CWShredder. It doesn't connect successfully to either merjin or spywareinfo to check if there is an update available.

I'm not sure if this is some lasting effect from the HackerDefender bug? CWshredder can now run, as well as Spybot, etc. So, I'm thinking it's not due to HacDef.

So, are the servers that allow the CWshredder updates own for some reason? Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks for reading and for your replies!

#2 NonSuch

NonSuch

Spyware Eradicator!

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:53 AM

Hello,

Below is the message I'm receiving when I attempt to update CWShredder. (I have had no malware infections on my computers). It would appear that the servers are just very busy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current version: CWShredder v1.59.0
Connecting...
Fetching CWShredder update information from merijn.org...
Unable to retrieve CWShredder update information. The server might be unavailable, try again later.

Fetching CWShredder update information from spywareinfo.com...
Unable to retrieve CWShredder update information. The server might be unavailable, try again later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this information helps to set your mind at ease. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button