nyzzbo.outhost.info

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evan2

evan2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:44 PM

I need Help Two of my favorite web sites are redirected to nyzzbo.outhost.info. While they aren't the only two that are redirected they are the ones that bug me the most and I know that one of the websites isn't at fault because it is [I]my site[/1]. It did take over my homepage but I scanned through the registry and fixed that.One other problem that I have is that all files that contain the word spybot simply disapeer making it impossible to install spybot s&d.If anyone can help me please do so I need all the help I can get. Also Ad-aware dosent detect anything.

#2 roadrage

roadrage

SWI Junkie

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:58 PM

:bounce: hello evan2
see if can download these 4 tools

CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller removal tool
and
HijackThis from this site below
i will check back in a few
run smart killer first then hijack this

http://www.spywarein.../downloads.html

next download these from the next url below
sprywareblaster
and mru blaster

http://www.javacools.../downloads.html

good luck let me know what happens then we can go from there

seeyaaa!!!!

#3 evan2

evan2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:39 PM

the coolwebsearch file worked fine but I cannot download Hijackthis and I dicovered that all files containing hijackthis disapeer in the same way files containing spybot do. I ran the second set of programs and mru blaster found 743 problems wich I cleaned but there is no effect that I can find that it had. thanks for trying to help me. I hope you or someone else can help me figure this out.

#4 roadrage

roadrage

SWI Junkie

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:54 PM

Hello: :wave: I have had a problem with hijack this before not from the program but from a malicous source or spyware, I think what they do is hide directory files that find malicous hack programs such as hijack this , the cure i found was to download hi jack this from another computer on to a floppy its a small program, then also rename it as a different name what ever you choose then download to your computer make sure it is not named hijack this, for instance my name is switched from hijack this to to ace, now reboot computer in safe mode, run all your spyware programs again , as far as nyzzbo we will work on that later because that is most likely in registry, and you could crash you os big time we dont want to do a full install do we? let me know what happens

Seeyaaa!!!! :wave: p.s. what kind of os do you have so i can steer you in the right direction this helps if you put in the post as well maybe i missed it tell me again

Edited by roadrage, 06 July 2004 - 02:56 PM.

#5 evan2

evan2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

I'll try out the hijack this diguise deal in just a sec but I have to say I'm 99.9% sure that outhost isn't in my registry. Why? Because I scanned my entire registry for every anything containing http:// I have also scanned the registry for nyzzbo and for outhost. I found several and changed them then restarted my computer ran Iexplorer and the problem was still there so I went and checked the registry again and just as before and the things I changed were just as I left them.
My OS is winXP pro

#6 evan2

evan2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for helping me but on a whim I tried installing avg anti virus that I saw in someones sig and that got rid of both of my problems. I don't know why Norton didn't pick it up but.. oh well... Thanks for the help though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button