• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

PLEASE READ - Reversing upgrade   02/23/2017

We have found that this new upgrade is somewhat of a disaster.  We are finding lots of glitches in being able to post and administer the forum.  Additionally, there are new costs associated with the upgrade that we simply cannot afford.  As a result, we have decided to reverse course and go back to the previous version of our software.  Since this will involve restoring it from a backup, we will lose posts that have been added since January 30 or possibly even some before that.    If you started a topic during that time, we urge you to make backups of your posts and you will need to start the topics over again after the change.  You can simply paste the copies of your posts that you created at that point.    If you joined the forum this month, you will need to re-register since your membership will be lost along with the posts.  Since you have a concealed password, we cannot simply restore your membership for you.   We are going to backup as much as we can so that it will reduce inconvenience for our members.  Unfortunately we cannot back everything up since much will be incompatible with the old version of our software.  We apologize for the confusion and regret the need to do this even though it is not viable to continue with this version of the software.   We plan to begin the process tomorrow evening and, if it goes smoothly, we shouldn't be offline for very long.  However, since we have not done this before, we are not sure how smoothly it will go.  We ask your patience as we proceed.   EDIT: I have asked our hosting service to do the restore at 9 PM Central time and it looks like it will go forward at that time.  Please prepare whatever you need to prepare so that we can restore your topics when the forum is stable again.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evan2

nyzzbo.outhost.info

6 posts in this topic

I need Help Two of my favorite web sites are redirected to nyzzbo.outhost.info. While they aren't the only two that are redirected they are the ones that bug me the most and I know that one of the websites isn't at fault because it is my site[/1]. It did take over my homepage but I scanned through the registry and fixed that.One other problem that I have is that all files that contain the word spybot simply disapeer making it impossible to install spybot s&d.If anyone can help me please do so I need all the help I can get. Also Ad-aware dosent detect anything.

:bounce: hello evan2

see if can download these 4 tools

CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller removal tool

and

HijackThis from this site below

i will check back in a few

run smart killer first then hijack this

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

next download these from the next url below

sprywareblaster

and mru blaster

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/downloads.html

good luck let me know what happens then we can go from there

seeyaaa!!!!

the coolwebsearch file worked fine but I cannot download Hijackthis and I dicovered that all files containing hijackthis disapeer in the same way files containing spybot do. I ran the second set of programs and mru blaster found 743 problems wich I cleaned but there is no effect that I can find that it had. thanks for trying to help me. I hope you or someone else can help me figure this out.

Hello: :wave: I have had a problem with hijack this before not from the program but from a malicous source or spyware, I think what they do is hide directory files that find malicous hack programs such as hijack this , the cure i found was to download hi jack this from another computer on to a floppy its a small program, then also rename it as a different name what ever you choose then download to your computer make sure it is not named hijack this, for instance my name is switched from hijack this to to ace, now reboot computer in safe mode, run all your spyware programs again , as far as nyzzbo we will work on that later because that is most likely in registry, and you could crash you os big time we dont want to do a full install do we? let me know what happens

Seeyaaa!!!! :wave: p.s. what kind of os do you have so i can steer you in the right direction this helps if you put in the post as well maybe i missed it tell me again

Edited by roadrage

I'll try out the hijack this diguise deal in just a sec but I have to say I'm 99.9% sure that outhost isn't in my registry. Why? Because I scanned my entire registry for every anything containing http:// I have also scanned the registry for nyzzbo and for outhost. I found several and changed them then restarted my computer ran Iexplorer and the problem was still there so I went and checked the registry again and just as before and the things I changed were just as I left them.

My OS is winXP pro

Thanks for helping me but on a whim I tried installing avg anti virus that I saw in someones sig and that got rid of both of my problems. I don't know why Norton didn't pick it up but.. oh well... Thanks for the help though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0