• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbsd

Can´t delete none existing file

6 posts in this topic

There are a few files I am trying to delete to the Recycle Bin, but when I do, Windows gives me a warning message saying that they can´t find the file and can´t read from the sourcefile or something. I try to rename the file, but that´s impossible.

Edited by sbsd

"Can you browse to the folder the files are in?"

Yup.

"Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders"

They files are actually in a hidden folder.

What type of files are they?

The way that Windows deals with files can cause a problem, as it attempts to read them into memory before doing anything with them, including deletion.

If you are certain that the files are not wanted, try rebooting to command prompt, and then delete the files.

The files are in a folder named Content.IE5(what´s that?) in a Temporary Internet Files folder. The files are how do you say it, unknown to the system. They have that icon that indicates that Windows doesn´t know which program they should open it with or how to say.

It´s really strange. I deleted all folders I could in the Content.IE5 folder, but some of those folders have been re-created, but are empty. :unsure:

Edited by sbsd

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0