• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 diskovery

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:02 AM

Yesterday my AVG indicates me that there is a virus in my computer. When i scan for viruses with AVG it shows me that Could be infected startpage. I scan with Norton Antivirus too. This program tells me that my computer have 2 viruses Adware.StatBlaster.
About the first:"Source: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\OLDD2.tmp
Description: The file C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\OLDD2.tmp is a Adware threat."
The second: "Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Petar\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JFHV7DCW\hp2[1].exe
Description: The file C:\Documents and Settings\Petar\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JFHV7DCW\hp2[1].exe is a Adware threat."
Norton can`t delete this files.
What can i do to remove them?

#2 VashonDude

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

Do the following to delete those files:

In IE, go to Tools->Internet Options. Click on "Delete Files...". A box will pop up. Click OK. This will clean out the internet cache.

It might be a good idea to look at a HijackThis log.

Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.spywarein.../HijackThis.exe
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

-- LB
Want to help in the fight against malware? Join the SWI boot camp.

#3 diskovery

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:23 AM

I think that after deleting of files from Internet options everything is o.k. Thanks!

#4 WinHelp2002

Taking back the Internet

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:57 PM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Former Microsoft MVP Posted Image 1999-2012
"There's no place like"
Posted Image
Blocking Malware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, http://www.mvps.org/...p2002/hosts.htm with a HOSTS file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button