How do you make backups in HJT?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oshmir

oshmir

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:36 AM

Many of you have probably seen my other thread and don't know how to fix my problem, but now can someone just PLEASE tell me the correct STEP BY STEP way to make backups in HijackThis. I have the box checked so it's supposed to make backups automatically, but when I look to try to restore the deleted items NOTHING is there! It is really aggravating and I am losing patience. I can't log onto my email address, I can't listen to music, I can't watch movies, I downloaded firefox and it didn't work (unless there is something I need to enable/disable on my computer), and I'm sure there are other websites I can't get on as a result of not being able to restore those damned deleted items. :grrr: :techsupport:

#2 mellonhead

mellonhead

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

It really does make backups automatically. Prior to the 1.98 Version, they appear as generic 'windows' files in the same directory, with the filename as 'backup', plus a date and some sort of serial number. The newest version is supposed to make a new folder named 'backup' in the same directory and put them in it.

If you cannot see them you may have deleted them ?!

#3 oshmir

oshmir

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

Hmmm, I just thought I would do a search for backups since you said it should automatically save it and I found a folder named "backups" under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for HijackThis.zip. Could this be it?

I clicked in the folder and here is a sample of what it looks like:
backup-20040703-094453-127

oh oh oh I think this^^ is it. I guess I made the backups BEFORE I moved HijackThis into a permanent folder, so it put the backups in the temporary folder.

Now I just made a copy of the backups and put it in the permanent folder I made (Program Files\HijackThis), and now the backups appear in the pragram!!!!!!!! YAY I'm so happy! :hyper: :bounce:

It's funny that with just the little information you gave I was able to figure the rest out.

Thanks for your help. :)

Edited by oshmir, 06 July 2004 - 12:23 PM.

#4 mellonhead

mellonhead

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:44 AM

I'm glad it worked for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button