QHosts.ADP re-occuring virus.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dramacydal

Dramacydal

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:14 AM

Before I start I have browsed other forums and have seen suggestions as to how to get rid of the virus but none seems to work for me. Plus Im a computer newb so go easy on the technical Jargon!

For the last couple of days I have been infected with a Qhosts.adp virus in relation to my Windows\system32\Drivers\etc folder. My Mcafee virus scanner picks it up as soon as I switch on my computer and log in. Cleaning or deleting seems to be succesful however 3-4 seconds later the Mcafee screen pops up again with the same virus in the same place.

If I run a full virus check it is picked up but the same problem of being unable to remove it occurs. My DAT's are as recent as I can get but the McAffee seems unable to cope with the problem.

I have installed FixQhost tool, which is unable to even pick up the virus let alone fix it. I have installed all latest Windows updates, ran the scanners again but still it cant be removed.

I have also installed Hijack This! and saved the results.... but have no clue how to decipher them...

Help! lol

Ps ... sorry for the long post

#2 Dramacydal

Dramacydal

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

Anybody? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button