Software Help (Connection Host)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheChosenOne1123

TheChosenOne1123

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

ok here's the deal(This is for my Mom's Dual Screen Computer)

My mom has said that her PcAnywhere 10.5 from Symantec is not connecting to her computer at work and I tried to help. She told me ever since my cuzin set the computer to only show the right hand (secondary) screen as one monitor (since the main one could barely even turn on) , she says pcANYWHERE problems have been occuring on both her work and home computers. [I really don't think changing the 2-screen to 1-main - screen could cause this ]

The symptoms are: she can't connect from either her Work IP or her home IP using pcANYWHERE, it says "Unable to attach to Specified Device ( Communications Error)" , says that whenever she tries to open pcANYWHERE up. she also tried it from work, doesn't work either. she thinks it is a connection or IP problem, so we took a look at the IPs, we changed and expiremented, still same error.

Here's what i really think is the cause, i've been playing Runescape for a few weeks (she didn't use pcANYWHERE between those weeks i was playing) around 2 days after my cuzin set the monitor to one-screen. now maybe i was thinking 'does runescape change IP's or do something that's causing the problem or some of the problem? ' i keep thinking, is that the problem why she can't connect, since Runescape used the IP ports? cuz since i'm not good with computers at all i see this message that says "you last logged on from adsl-(some IP here, starts with 66, me or my mom is not familiar with this IP, so we think it is our provider) - dslextreme.com [ I went to the website, i think its our internet service provider] the IP i saw in the link really worried me, maybe it replace a port or something wtih that port so thats why can't connect? or is runescape just using the host thingy to play the game? rite now i don't know what to do...

right now it cud be anything, hosts or IP problem, it's getting stressful tho, (btw, i really don't think it is Spyware : adware: virus, etc: problem, since she had pcANYWHERE for more than one year, and she managed to fix those problems easily) so it cud be the fact that the Monitors Are changed (prob. not) , runescape doing something to the IP or hosts or changing some stuff or settings around (i.e., mixing an IP) , (most likely yes or no), or something else involoving her work comp (maybe it changed, or got some probs)

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated, since i can't play runescape until she gets the pcANYWHERE fixed, and i greatly feel the stress she feels in putting so much effort into getting it fixed.

#2 TheChosenOne1123

TheChosenOne1123

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:56 AM

Ok Actually if it's a bit too complicated to read or explain,the question i only want to know is can any experts tell me if RUNESCAPE is actually the problem?

P.S. (I forgot to mention something )

runescape always mentions logging in earlier as "adsl- 66- 51- 193- 55. dsIextreme .c0m. [really dont know what that means, using that host?] (put I and 0 purposely, replace with l and 0 ifu want)
That is the IP of my Internet Service Provider, DSL extreme (looked up in NetTools) . i used TraceRoute from NetTools and 66 . 51 . 193. 55 wasn't exactly traced, there were other numbers like that, but none of their hosts were familiar, so i was particaully interested in this one:

17 Time-out
18 Time-out
19 Time-out
20 Destination host unreachable

I was assuming one of those was mine, probably number 20.... since earlier that day i used Trace Route on the home IP my mom usually uses to connect to her work IP, (i dunno if it's my computer IP, i looked on some websites, said it was different, must the home IP we USE was gotten from typing "ipconfig/all and looking at our 'Eternet Adapter Local Connection IP Adress' .

I traced that and guess what it said? Destination Route Unreachable.
After that, I traced my mom's IP she use to access PcANYWHERE and same message: Destination Route Unreachable

So I try changing the IP to destination host again. nothing works. now i REALLY Think the problem is Runescape, if its not, please PLEASE PLEASE tell me, i really want to continue the game

Edited by TheChosenOne1123, 07 July 2004 - 11:04 AM.

#3 TheChosenOne1123

TheChosenOne1123

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

oh sorry i posted in the wrong forum. i was unaware my topic moved. sorry, mods

Ok Actually if it's a bit too complicated to read or explain,the question i only want to know is can any experts tell me if RUNESCAPE is actually the problem?

P.S. (I forgot to mention something )

runescape always mentions logging in earlier as "adsl- 66- 51- 193- 55. dsIextreme .c0m. [really dont know what that means, using that host?] (put I and 0 purposely, replace with l and 0 ifu want)
That is the IP of my Internet Service Provider, DSL extreme (looked up in NetTools) . i used TraceRoute from NetTools and 66 . 51 . 193. 55 wasn't exactly traced, there were other numbers like that, but none of their hosts were familiar, so i was particaully interested in this one:

17 Time-out
18 Time-out
19 Time-out
20 Destination host unreachable

I was assuming one of those was mine, probably number 20.... since earlier that day i used Trace Route on the home IP my mom usually uses to connect to her work IP, (i dunno if it's my computer IP, i looked on some websites, said it was different, must the home IP we USE was gotten from typing "ipconfig/all and looking at our 'Eternet Adapter Local Connection IP Adress' .

I traced that and guess what it said? Destination Route Unreachable.
After that, I traced my mom's IP she use to access PcANYWHERE and same message: Destination Route Unreachable

So I try changing the IP to destination host again. nothing works. now i REALLY Think the problem is Runescape, if its not, please PLEASE PLEASE tell me, i really want to continue the game

This post has been edited by TheChosenOne1123 on Jul 7 2004, 11:04 AM

#4 TheChosenOne1123

TheChosenOne1123

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

Ok i also have another explanation if this may break the problem

My mom jsut called one hour ago saying the pc anywhere problem may be because of a ROUTER. she said somebody reset the router and thats why she can't connect using pcANYWHERE (well, she doesn't REALLY know, she's the only one in her company that uses pcANYWHERE, she does all the paper work) , so is that a possible suspect / explanation? I read on Symantec Support that the router may be the case, and if it 's not, well runescape might be the only problem, but i'm pretty sure now it's the Router.

#5 TheChosenOne1123

TheChosenOne1123

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

b.u.m.p

can any Pcanywhere experts please help. Maybe cuz some files associated with the svc host (usually associated with pcanywhere) aren't on? (winpatrol detects some as MAnual Start or not Running/disabled)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button