• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 thesh

thesh

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:09 PM

Hello this is my first post on this site,
I have made a CD with almost every Spyware and Adware removel tools possible and a few other utils to help fix windows after removel "like the internet not working" that I have downloaded or made.
All software on the CD and the software to make the CD is Freeware or Shareware.

The CD will be posted for download soon at

Blowncaps.com
CD Download (Bittorrent File)

The CD will be updated as new sugestions for the CD are posted on blowncaps.com and here as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• New_Shot.JPG

Edited by thesh, 24 July 2004 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:18 PM

Do you have all of the authors' permission to distribute those?
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

#3 thesh

thesh

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:47 PM

all programs on the CD can be distributed freely as long as its not for commercial use.

Except Adaware 6 and Bazooka Spyware, The files will be replaced with links to there website home pages in the CD menu.

The Rnav2004 and Micosoft JVM Removel setup packages I have made myself.

Edited by theshit, 06 July 2004 - 05:40 PM.

#4 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:15 PM

Theshit,
Sorry, but that's not the kind of solution, I'm looking for.
I can download these softwares myself and collect them on a CD, what I'm doing already for a long time.
Just in case when I have to reinstall my harddisk from scratch.
I guess your CD is for newbies, who don't know anything about the existence of these softwares and where to get them.
I also believe that the contents of your CD will open a discussion, because alot of members have their own opinion about fixing tools and which tools have to be used. This forum is full of different opinions.

In fact I'm looking for a total new approach. I don't believe in the efficiency of FIXING methods.
What I'm going to do in the future is trying softwares like ShadowUser and maybe DeepFreeze and watch how these softwares handle malware.
ErikAlbert
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#5 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:27 PM

I think it'll be useful for techs or techies who make housecalls. I have a thumbdrive myself with most of those on it.

#6 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:59 AM

I'll drink to that, Mike. Thumbdrives are a godsend for any machine that isn't running 98, and most of them can have a ready-to-run copy of Spybot put on them in only 8MB.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#7 Trilobite

Trilobite

Malware Hunter

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:18 AM

I have made a similar CD, but it's not ever going to be available for download.
I incorporated the ability to automatically update spyware/virus scanners via the internet and a temp directory. It also incorporates a number of boot disks and bootable recovery environments: Mini-Knoppix, Windows PE (Bart’s), Windows 98se start disk, Maxblast, Western Digital Data Lifeguard tools, Sysinternal’s DOS NTFS reader…

Edited by Trilobite, 07 July 2004 - 09:32 AM.

#8 rosso_acido

rosso_acido

Earl of Mysterious Briefcases

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:28 AM

I believe that anyone seriously interested in Internet security has more or less done the same thing.

I've compiled all anti-spyware programmes I'm using on a rewritable CD which I always update with their latest versions, and two Zip disks (100MB & 250MB) as backup. It always comes in handy after a format or even a system glitch of any kind...

BTW, in M$'s Official Win XP Magazine August 04 issue, a CD is included with a lot of free cleaning tools and other PC maintenance programmes. I was very happy to see the latest versions of Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy among them. :thumbsup:

R. :wave:

Edited by rosso_acido, 07 July 2004 - 10:45 AM.

I am the iron anchor.

#9 lonewolf

lonewolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:08 AM

Well, no offense to the author, but i would never download any disk/program that i could get directly from the creators websites. Especially from someone i don't know a thing about.

Frankly, i'm suprised such a thing is allowed on this site. How do we know this stuff is safe and free from all forms of malware? Not all forms of malware are easily detectable. And i wouldn't count on your anti-virus, or any of the software commonly available on this site to detect all of the forms of malware that can be easily found all over the net.

#10 thesh

thesh

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:35 AM

I Happen to be a Tech for a computer store, all day I remove this crap from customers computers, so I decided to make CD with a menu for easy use, Im posted it to help other Techs and people.

People Download Programs from each other everyday that they dont know.

Edited by theshit, 07 July 2004 - 11:50 AM.

#11 thesh

thesh

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:50 AM

Could Someone make a list of Spyware and Adware removers/cleaners I dont have that should be added to my CD, Please dont ask for Boot Disks to be added or Diags this is for Spyware/Adware removel and prevention ONLY.

#12 Trilobite

Trilobite

Malware Hunter

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

No offense, but I have run across a number of ‘Computer Techs’ that have no idea what they are doing and often cause more harm than good. I’m not saying that you fall into this category, but if you truly are who you say you are, and as skilled as you say you are, why not join Boot Camp.

A 'Computer Tech' once told me that Linux did not actually exist, that it was actually a customized hack-job on a pirated version of Windows 98. :rofl:

Edited by Trilobite, 07 July 2004 - 12:27 PM.

#13 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

Well, no offense to the author, but i would never download any disk/program that i could get directly from the creators websites. Especially from someone i don't know a thing about.

Frankly, i'm suprised such a thing is allowed on this site. How do we know this stuff is safe and free from all forms of malware? Not all forms of malware are easily detectable.  And i wouldn't count on your anti-virus, or any of the software commonly available on this site to detect all of the forms of malware that can be easily found all over the net.

Looks like someone is learning to be paranoid. :D

For what's it worth it's probably no worse than people saying have you tried X,Y,Z antispy and posting a link there.

Edited by Paranoid, 07 July 2004 - 12:08 PM.

Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

#14 thesh

thesh

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:37 PM

I will Join boot camp

#15 lonewolf

lonewolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:18 PM

Don't take any of my comments personally, Thesh. Not downloading any software from an unknown source, is just one of the ways i keep my system clean from any trouble. Some of my basic guidelines to keeping a clean system. And seeing as your new here, i would say you qualify as an unknown source.

So far i have never really had any real problems on my system, due to malware, and i feel it is due, in part, to following these guidelines. If more people did so they would have a lot less trouble, and the people who so freely give their time to help around here could take a well deserved vacation.

But alas the machine keeps churning, and people keep downloading from unknown sources, and keep getting infected with malware, and the hijackthis logs keep pouring in, and so on and so on and......

Hey Paranoid, your absolutely right! I am learning to be more and more paranoid. I wonder who i have to thank for that? ;) ;D I'm almost thinking of changing my name to Paranoid2. Or perhaps Privacynut, i've used that one in the past. Anyway a little paranoia is a good thing in this case IMO.

#16 Trilobite

Trilobite

Malware Hunter

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:47 PM

People Download Programs from each other everyday that they dont know.

That's how I came to have some of the viruses/trojans/exploits that I have been testing various AV software on. :evilgrin:

#17 sardak

sardak

I know everything.

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:48 PM

I've got the best spyware prevention program right here. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with these problems, just use something that isn't riddled with security holes. I haven't had ANY (zero, none, every scan comes up clean with any program) spyware/adware/malware/crapware/whateverware on my computer in about 8 months since I switch to Mozilla full time.

#18 Gwyrox732

Gwyrox732

Gwy|is|here

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:31 PM

Mozilla can't protect you from yourself knowingly downloading programs (although not knowing they come with adware/spyware/dialers/etc). Sure Mozilla has not ActiveX and you can't get a hijack, but it still lets you download Kazaa, ti still let's you download free "movie" viewers. honestly have no use for this CD, but that's not the point, some people might. Some people might need this CD to clean off all the junk before they consider switching to Moz.
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

#19 sardak

sardak

I know everything.

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

Mozilla can't protect you from yourself

Neither can anything else. If people would simply stop and think before clicking everything that pops up, this website probably wouldn't exist. Mozilla at least prevents the things that don't require authorization.

The world will always have an over-abundance of idiots.

#20 rosso_acido

rosso_acido

Earl of Mysterious Briefcases

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:47 PM

The world will always have an over-abundance of idiots.

They're not always idiots, but ignorant (although I couldn't tell which is worse)... :ugh:

R. :techsupport:
I am the iron anchor.

#21 Freebird

Freebird

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:23 PM

Mozilla can't protect you from yourself knowingly downloading programs....

I agree, but with Firefox, you can also use a download manager/accelerator like Star Downloader (www.stardownloader.com) that intigrates with the browser and your AV to scan any files you d/l before you run them.

Not a complete solution, just another layer of protection.

No doubt, Mozilla, Opera etc will increasingly come under more concerted attack as people move away from IE. Education is the key.

:wave:
We know the speed of light......but, whats the speed of dark? Steven Wright - Scientist and Comedian

#22 sardak

sardak

I know everything.

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:56 PM

Actually, any virus scanner that provides real-time, on-access scanning will scan every downloaded file when it's being written to disk, regardless of browser or plugin. Even things downloaded with the "open from current location" option are saved to a temporary folder, so they would be scanned as well.

#23 macaroo

macaroo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

The cleaning software moves so fast anything older than a week is obsolete. I carry most everything on 2 thumbdrives; FAT32 format and a NTFS format. I try to check out everything once a week for updates or before making a series of house calls.

#24 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

There's another great method to prevent spyware and such here.

http://www.knopper.n...x/index-en.html

Boot off a trusted media (Knoppix Live-on-CD Linux) and you cannot possibly infect your machine permanently - anything you do is erased at shutdown since you can't write to the Knoppix disc. It won't write to NTFS hard drives, but it does a wonderful job for everything else, and it even has office software and a ton of useful software live on the CD ready to use - even GAIM.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#25 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:40 AM

A 'Computer Tech' once told me that Linux did not actually exist, that it was actually a customized hack-job on a pirated version of Windows 98. :rofl:

:rofl:

#26 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:59 AM

Actually, any virus scanner that provides real-time, on-access scanning will scan every downloaded file when it's being written to disk, regardless of browser or plugin. Even things downloaded with the "open from current location" option are saved to a temporary folder, so they would be scanned as well.

I don't see how this is something unique to mozilla only?
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

#27 thesh

thesh

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:00 PM

The New CD is done and ready for download
It is a bittorrent download

The seed is down, but will be back up later today.

Edited by thesh, 24 July 2004 - 02:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button