I noticed a new folder the other day: C:\Qoobox that has a quarantine and Backenv subfolder. I'm concerned that it's malware and would appreciate your help to find out.
Other info in case it's relevant:
- I run Norton 360 and Malewarebytes' Anti-Maleware. I did a full system scan and Norton didn’t find any threats.
- Autoruns shows a process called catchme that it indicates came from the folder C:\ComboFix\catchme.sys (that no longer exists) and there are catchme folders in the registry.
- MY OS is Windows 7 Pro and all updates have been applied.
- I've been having problems booting lately. The computer runs fine in Safe Mode. I'd been having alot of problems with member disks dropping out of a RAID array so recently broke the RAID. In the process my user profile got corrupted. The boot issues may be associated with remnants of that issue or hardware problems.
- Norton 360 recently quarantined some Trojans from a few email messages.
- My PC was recently at repair shop. They may have run some virus tests.
Thanks for your help!