• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
cad yellow

New Qoobox folder and catchme in the registry

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I noticed a new folder the other day: C:\Qoobox that has a quarantine and Backenv subfolder. I'm concerned that it's malware and would appreciate your help to find out.

Other info in case it's relevant:

• I run Norton 360 and Malewarebytes' Anti-Maleware. I did a full system scan and Norton didn’t find any threats.
  • Autoruns shows a process called catchme that it indicates came from the folder C:\ComboFix\catchme.sys (that no longer exists) and there are catchme folders in the registry.
  • MY OS is Windows 7 Pro and all updates have been applied.
  • I've been having problems booting lately. The computer runs fine in Safe Mode. I'd been having alot of problems with member disks dropping out of a RAID array so recently broke the RAID. In the process my user profile got corrupted. The boot issues may be associated with remnants of that issue or hardware problems.
  • Norton 360 recently quarantined some Trojans from a few email messages.
  • My PC was recently at repair shop. They may have run some virus tests.

Thanks for your help!

Hello cad yellow. :)

Both those folders are from ComboFix. The Backenv folder is still present because most likely ComboFix was not uninstalled correctly.

To uninstall ComboFix:

Please click Start>Run and copy/paste the following text, including the space between "ComboFix and "/uninstall", into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /uninstall

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.