• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tprotani

Too much spyware removal stuff

2 posts in this topic

My browser was hijacked about two weeks ago. I spent a very long time cleaning it up with the help of the Malware forum. In the process, I downloaded the following list of software:

Spybot S&D

Adaware

HijackThis

Spysweeper

Spyware Guard

Spyware Blaster

Registry Mechanic

Trojan Hunter

CW Shredder

and registered for a 90 day free trial of McAfee. I also switched from IE to Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1. I am having a few problems with this, but no pop-ups is great.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 with XP Pro Windows NT 5.1. I would like to know what I need for good security without going overboard. Also, I find the McAfee annoying with all the messages that things have changed in the Privacy Service and it should be restarted, so I'd like a recommendation for anti-virus.

Would someone advise me about what I should have? Also, is there a registry cleanup that is free?

Thanks,

Linda

Edited by tprotani

Your post has most of the stuff, but check out my website below.

With spybot do use the teatimer feature if not already doing so. Belt and braces I also use winpatrol from www.winpatrol.com but it does the same job as teatimer.

Use hijackthis and make a copy of the current good state of play (save Log) - that will always show any additions when you do it the next time. Check (and save a new log) each time you add new software.