Spyblocs v2.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ambcanuck

ambcanuck

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:55 AM

Received an announcement through one of the ezines I subscribe to about a "new" program Spyblocs v2.0. Was wondering if anyone has heard of it, comments, concerns etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Downloaded the trial version (restricted.. detects, but doesn't clean)

I currently run adaware, spybot and spywareblaster. Ran the scan from Spyblocs and it indicated a number of "bad" things that don't seem to be detected by the others I normally run. These include: TGCMD tracker (indicated as spyware) iambigbrother (indicated as a spy) along with a BHO... not identified.

Any comments would be appreciated. Is this just an overzealous program or should I be concerned?

Thanks. :unsure: :unsure:

#2 Gwyrox732

Gwyrox732

Gwy|is|here

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:50 PM

Ive never heard of it before, but from what you are describing (detecting, not cleaning, finding all kinds of things) it doesn't sound too legit. Those are either false positives the program finds or they just make their trial version find all kinds of nasty things so you will buy retail.
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button