• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jamest

Jamest

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:06 AM

Clip Grab 3.6.1 installed Bytefence anti ad and spyware and Chromium with A hidden option not to, I missed it on the install screen be very careful when you install it.

If internet access is denyed to the GlipGrab installer no other software is installed with it.

"Bytefence is a cutting edge anti malware software that will remove all malware and protect you for ever"

If it's so good why haven't I heard of it before?

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:26 AM

A quick Google search suggests that a lot of people are angry that it was installed on their computers and some have had difficulty removing it...  That suggests that it is at least undesirable if not malware itself...  I didn't see any indication that it is malicious beyond the sneaky way that it installs...  As always, it is a good idea to look very carefully through each option when installing any software...  My personal preference is to download the full package and install offline whenever possible...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Magpie (1)
Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!