1 reply to this topic

#1 Freebird

Freebird

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

Hi to all.

I had, it appeared, survived the Win 10 upgrade debacle but now I am having continual problems performing normal updates on my HP Envy 15 (Win 8.1 Pro x64).

I am set up to check for updates but let me decide which ones to install. I usually allow 3 or 4 updates at a time to install as allowing all I select most often results in a failed update.

It seems that the update process is failing more often than not.

Prior to the Win 10 upgrade cycle, updating was sweet and simple, post Win 10 I am experiencing more fails. This is not a new phenomenom, my old Win 7 machine gradualy became more and more 'buggy' and eventualy refused to update after Win 10 was pushed.

I have to use the Update Troublshooting system after every update, and it takes almost 2 days before I get all the updates installed.

I really don't know why this is happening. I have got to the point where I think MS is deliberately screwing up the update process for non Win 10 users.

Any help in restoring my update system much appreciated.

Regards

Freebird  :wave: (Not waving, applying hair restorer)

We know the speed of light......but, whats the speed of dark? Steven Wright - Scientist and Comedian

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,530 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:45 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!