• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jeffh8511

jeffh8511

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Hello,

We are locked out of my daughter's computer. It is Windows 10.  When we boot it up, some random user name pops up that we don't have the password to. The user name is supermanman@gmail.com.

I have tried password recover tools, but no luck. Any ideas?

#2 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hello jeffh8511. Sorry for the delay

You will need access to a second computer and a blank CD

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from here.
  • Select the EXE version. You can use this version of the Rescue CD to directly burn the image to a disk without any other software required.
  • Make sure there is a disk in the DVD drive
  • Double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD to boot your computer.
At the boot option please press the number 1 on your keyboard to 1 Boot AntiVir Rescue System (default) and press Enter or just wait.
Select the Update tab and click Yes to apply the latest updates.
Select the Virus scanner tab and click the Start Scanner button
Note: This will take some time. Please be patient

Please let me know how you get on

Rocket Grannie

a94.gif

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see here for details.

#3 jeffh8511

jeffh8511

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

I downloaded and ran the software from the CD. Scanned the hard drives on the affected computer. No viruses were found. Still locked out. Is there a way to reset the windows password? We have no access to any recovery email addresses because we do not know who the gmail accounts that is logged into the computer. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

#4 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

Hello jeffh8511.

Please try the following methods: If one doesn't work move on to the next one.

Step 1: Download Windows Password Key, install and launch it on another available PC. ...
    Step 2: Insert the newly created USB drive to the locked Windows 10 computer. ...
    Step 3: Windows Password Key loads, follow the interface to reset your Windows 10 password.

The Password Key can be found Here

Scroll down to "Top 5"

Next
How to reset your forgotten password

Next
How to reset password without Reset disk

Please let me know how you get on

Rocket Grannie
a94.gif

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see here for details.

#5 jeffh8511

jeffh8511

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hi Rocket,
I apologize that it has taken me so long from respond. I have been trying the various options you sent. The first did not resolve the lockout and the other two are very complicated. I will keep you posted. I'm thinking I am going to need someone to login to my computer to guide me through this process. Let me know if your have any ideas. Thank you.

#6 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hello jeffh8511

I would strongly advise you not to allow anyone remote access to your computer unless you are personally familiar with whoever is helping you. Getting help from someone offering it online is an invitation to have your computer taken over

Try to boot into Safe Mode - see if you can create another Administration User Account without a password - then boot into normal Windows with that account and try to delete the rogue account.

https://www.howtogee...8-the-easy-way/

It is also possible for you to reset the computer.

https://www.lifewire...through-2624538

Rocket Grannie

a94.gif

#7 jeffh8511

jeffh8511

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

Thank you very much. I appreciate your advice. I will try the options above and let you know how it works out.

Have a great day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!