August 2017 Security Updates
Release Date: August 08, 2017
The August security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft SQL Server
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Starting in March 2017, there will be a Windows 10 1607 delta package that contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
- After May 9, 2017, customers running Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates, with the excecption of the Windows 10 2015 LTSB and the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB editions. Microsoft recommends that customers running other editions of Windows 10 version 1507 that are no longer supported should update your devices to the latest version of Windows 10. For more information see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 4015562.