problem with icons and file actions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 AzIaNxInFeRnO

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

well its kind of hard to explain what happened to my ocmputer. but here it is at best. basically, many icons have changed to the windows icon for files which have no default application to open it. this includes, folders, shortcuts to folders, drives, html files, and maybe a few more. also for folders, when you double click the 'open' command is not performed. instead the search command is performed. from the picture you can see that the search command is the default action for some reason. i have tried restarting my computer, using system restore, scanned my computer for viruses, but have come up empty in the solution.

this all happened when i was playing dibalo II. a frend imed me and i quickly alt+tabbed out of the d2 screen. and then suddenly the icons on my desktop and startmenu disappeared. i alt+tabbed to d2 and then bak out to try and fix it. then this time only the bottom half of the icons on my desktop were displayed. so i restarted my computer and many of the icons appeared as i have explained above. hopefully this picture helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.GIF

#2 Gwyrox732

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

Dupe, you can close this, mods.
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

#3 jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:44 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button