Trouble deleting cws dll file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phase-dk

Phase-dk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:30 PM

Hi everybody, I've had a cws.searchx (at least according to cwshredder) infestation, and owing to thorough updated ad-aware, spybot, cwshredder, norton antivirus and AVG antivirus scans I've managed to eliminate what I think is all of the registry entries and all but one of the files. I followed the procedure described in http://forums.spywar...showtopic=10469
to remove the mentioned registry entry and found the last file in my system32 folder, and in my case it is called logl.dll. However, unlike in the linked post, it is actually visible in my explorer.

Now I want to delete it. Unfortunately, explorer returns "access is denied", AVG that keeps detecting a virus in it can't remove it either, the program MoveOnBoot that can remove files before Windows is loaded also doesn't delete the file, and finally the method described in the linked post, deleting it through the recovery console after booting on a xp cd, does not work in my case. Also here does it torment with its "Access is denied" message. This surprises me somewhat, because I though virtually no files on the harddisk were used when working through the recovery console.

So, any help on removing this file is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 Phase-dk

Phase-dk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:03 AM

I removed the read only atttribute with attrib -R logl.dll and then it could be deleted with del logl.dll.

With any luck, I will now live happily ever after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button