• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phase-dk

Trouble deleting a file

3 posts in this topic

Ok everybody I've actually already posted ths in the malware forum since the file originates from cws, but I figure It's equally much a pc troubleshooting question.

So, I have this file in my c:\windows\system32 folder called logl.dll that I want to delete because it contains the cws.searchx trojan but no measure of violence does the trick. Windows explorer, MoveOnBoot and windows recovery console started from a xp cd all fail, reporting access is denied. What can I do?

My other post is here: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=13901

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well well, all I needed to do was to remove the read only attribute. Silly me thought the delete command didn't care about that (just a confirmation like in windows). Well for others with the same problem I typed attrib -R logl.dll and then del logl.dll.

TAKE THAT YOU SLIME!!!

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team

an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.