Trouble deleting a file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phase-dk

Phase-dk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

Ok everybody I've actually already posted ths in the malware forum since the file originates from cws, but I figure It's equally much a pc troubleshooting question.

So, I have this file in my c:\windows\system32 folder called logl.dll that I want to delete because it contains the cws.searchx trojan but no measure of violence does the trick. Windows explorer, MoveOnBoot and windows recovery console started from a xp cd all fail, reporting access is denied. What can I do?

My other post is here: http://www.spywarein...showtopic=13901

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 Phase-dk

Phase-dk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:01 AM

Well well, all I needed to do was to remove the read only attribute. Silly me thought the delete command didn't care about that (just a confirmation like in windows). Well for others with the same problem I typed attrib -R logl.dll and then del logl.dll.

TAKE THAT YOU SLIME!!!

#3 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:10 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button