14 replies to this topic

#1 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:14 AM

MyIE2 is now Maxthon
After being actively developed for more than one year and with the version 1.0 coming to its release, MyIE2 was renamed to Maxthon.

The change was made because we felt a better name was needed to promote such a powerful browser and avoid possible confusions. Same as MyIE2, Maxthon is still free to use, has all previous features you've got used to and more new ones to enjoy.

Thanks For All Your Support These Days. Let's Make It Better!

I downloaded it here and it seems to work fine. :D It even allows my roboform to embed

http://www.myie2.com...en/download.htm

#2 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

All of the download links I have found take me to the old MYIE2 version 0.9.27. Even their main page with the "beta" Maxthon version download takes you to 0.9.27. or an unconfigured server page. Did they pull it?

Posted Image
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#3 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

Hi wreck...... Try this download link.. :thumbsup:

http://download.com....d=112589&edId=3

#4 KinG

KinG

Hmm...It's always raining...

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

Do MyIE2/Maxthon's plug-ins include malware of any kind?

#5 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:12 AM

Hi KING... I don't know the answer to that, but I started using it after reading so many posts here that pointed out major flaws in Internet Explorer 6.
Why not read about it here
http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

#6 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

Hi Nytron, I still could not reach a valid download page from either of your links -- but found a working one here:
http://fileforum.bet...il/1029407732/1

The latest version I have is Maxthon 1.0.0170. It still says it is "BETA" in the Title Bar, but does not mention it in the "About Maxthon" pane under "Help".
Do you know if it is still "BETA"? Thanks!

[EDIT] The version I list is the "LITE" version, but my ROBOFORM still works in it.

Posted Image

Edited by wreck, 09 July 2004 - 02:16 PM.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#7 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

Love the dancing icon........ I did a Screen Capture of the "About Box"... Mine says Maxthon..

Attached Thumbnails

• AboutMaxthon.jpg

#8 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:13 PM

Okay, their forum now says that 1.0.070 is still buggy and "beta", they have pulled it and are asking people to return to 1.0.0168. I guess the lite version is what I have and it is still available. I am having no problems with it though. They claim many people are having freezing problems with .0170

#9 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

Thank You Wreck... I have had no problems with freezing either...except for the darn weather up here... I have also found that The "Maxthon" browser works far better than my IE6 did, especially when I go to POGO.com to play games....The java loads way faster, and I don't get the screen bleed anymore...It seems like a GR8 product so far... especially the ability to enable and disable tabbed windows easily.... :wave:

#10 colum

colum

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:36 PM

I was also told of all the flaws in MSIE and to dump it...I downloaded Mozilla's Firefox 0.9.2>>and seems to load my pages faster and I understand the language at the bottom about info being loaded. I love all the features of this new updated version.>>Has built in popup blocker and works in conjunction with Spybot and Spyguard and espcially Spyblaster to stop malicious adware Active X from downloading. The toolbar features are better too. Alerts you if there is an attempt to change to homepage, AND let you know if third parties can view info you send on a webpage. It is awesome. >>>>For the browser Firefox 0.9.2(updated automatically monthly) go to --Mozilla.org>>For spybot and spyguard (updates are regular,just check once a week) go to --Spywareinfo.com

#11 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:08 PM

I probably should not ask this here, but since this topic is open....
Does anyone know how the "External Utility" Bar works in Maxthon? Under Maxthon Options > External Utility -- the options are there, but I can't make them actually appear in the Utility Bar on top.

#12 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:56 AM

Hi Wreck.. To make the bar show up go to view/ toolbars/utility bar...but nothing will show there until you add some apps under options. Under Maxthon options/external/Add(+)/then type in the name, click on explore button and point to the .exe for that program.. :cool: works fine for me...by the way... their site is now working
http://www.maxthon.com/en/index.htm

#13 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:59 AM

Nytron, I can get the Utility Bar to show up and their are 4 default options listed (My Computer, Paint, Add/Remove Programs, and Regedit.) I can't get these 4 to show up in the actual Utility Bar. Oh well, not that important! Thanks!
Posted Image

#14 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:42 PM

The reason they don't show up is because they aren't linked yet.... They have put them there but if you look at the path in the command line, it starts with $ sign...
You need click on the box beside the path and then point to the executables. In other words you need link the entries to a command line...They can't do that because they don't know how many drives, or what folder those are in on your computer. If you take Exlplorer for instance ...click to right of the command line..then on the windows folder in the window that pops up.then on the exlporer.exe file....... you will have created the path..and it will show up......
I found it useful to add my screen capture tool there as well....you can also drag the toolbar around...... :thumbsup:

#15 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:58 PM

Thanks, that did it! (I'm a little thick sometimes!)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button