Browser Hijack to search-for-you.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 routermonkey

routermonkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:49 PM

Hello, I seem to have gotten my homepage hijacked. I have read the FAQ and still am having a problem. Each time I open my browser, it get redirected to www.search-for-you.com. I went through my registry and removed all references to that web site and then rebooted my machine. The registry settings changed back to www.search-for-you.com again. I have MicroTrend Virus Scan, and ran that but it did not find any problems. I downloaded X-Cleaner and ran it without any luck. I downloaded Spybot - Search and Destroy and ran it and it found numberous items. I had it clean the items it found and rebooted. Still no change. I went and downloaded HijackThis and ran it. I had it fix problem items and rebooted, but still had no luck. Based on Pacman's list, I tried to have HijackThis clean/remove ntldr.exe, but got an error. Can someone please help me to fix?

I am currently running Win2000 Pro with IE 6 SP1.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
:wtf:

#2 routermonkey

routermonkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:04 PM

:bounce: Somehow, I actually got it removed. Not sure exactly what happened, but after getting the error when trying to delete ntldr.exe. I went back and ran HJT and after the scan, it was no longer in the list. I went ahead and recleaned the references to www.search-for-you.com via HJT then rebooted. Now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone's prior posts and the FAQ. It helped a lot.

:weee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button