WildTangent is a NAG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cozymoses

Your Source for All Things Trashy

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:11 PM

I uninstalled WildTangent quite a while ago... however I just noticed that something called "WildTangent Control Panel" shows up in my control panel, and still functions. THIS IS EEEEVIL. Anyone else notice that?

#2 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:30 AM

Use Ad-Aware.

Click the link in my signature marked "Ad-Aware" and download the program. Install it, run it, and click the globe icon in the top-right corner of the program's window. Click "Connect," then "OK." Once that's done, click "Finish."

Once that's done, click "Start," then start the scan.

Once that's done, right-click on the first thing in the list, then click "Select All Products" and click the "Quarantine" button.

It'll ask to run on reboot; say "Yes" and exit Ad-Aware, then reboot your machine. Let it scan and remove what it wishes.

That should do it.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#3 drumstickz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:57 AM

Tuxedo Jack. It's not that easy lol. I have this "Wild Tangent Control Panel" also I did everything in your post and it's still there. Wild Tanget would never make it that simple.

That should do it.

No. It doesn't do it.

#4 LB99338

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:46 AM

Hi drumstickz,

If you have fully uninstalled Wild Tangent and only have the icon left in Control Panel, you need to delete the file which shows the applet there.

Look in your C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\System folder for "wtcpl.cpl", and delete that. There is a thread on this in another forum which I saw earlier today, hope it's ok that I post that here.

Good luck.

#5 freeatlast

E x p l o r e r

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:54 AM

Wild Tanget would never make it that simple.

:alien: http://computercops....33-.html#235533
Submit Files: Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 BriosCometfyre

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:11 AM

WildTangent is a pain, and even worse, most videocards instill it or demos of it when you first install them. What a pain.

#7 aliensRreal

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:38 AM

Thanks guys, I am new and followed one of the links one of you provided and got it taken care of!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button