• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cozymoses

WildTangent is a NAG

7 posts in this topic

I uninstalled WildTangent quite a while ago... however I just noticed that something called "WildTangent Control Panel" shows up in my control panel, and still functions. THIS IS EEEEVIL. Anyone else notice that?

-Molly-

Use Ad-Aware.

Click the link in my signature marked "Ad-Aware" and download the program. Install it, run it, and click the globe icon in the top-right corner of the program's window. Click "Connect," then "OK." Once that's done, click "Finish."

Once that's done, click "Start," then start the scan.

Once that's done, right-click on the first thing in the list, then click "Select All Products" and click the "Quarantine" button.

It'll ask to run on reboot; say "Yes" and exit Ad-Aware, then reboot your machine. Let it scan and remove what it wishes.

That should do it.

Tuxedo Jack. It's not that easy lol. I have this "Wild Tangent Control Panel" also I did everything in your post and it's still there. Wild Tanget would never make it that simple.

That should do it.

No. It doesn't do it.

Hi drumstickz,

If you have fully uninstalled Wild Tangent and only have the icon left in Control Panel, you need to delete the file which shows the applet there.

Look in your C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\System folder for "wtcpl.cpl", and delete that. There is a thread on this in another forum which I saw earlier today, hope it's ok that I post that here.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0