• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ford101

query about mozilla browser

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Recently I downloaded this browser and I use it nearly all the time. I think it's great especially security wise (and NO popups ,:thumbsup: ) and I say 'nearly' because some sites that I visit say that the browser (mozilla) is not supported, (something to that effect). Example = When I do an online virus scan through Panda, I have to use IE. Is it something I have or havent done?? :unsure: I am new to all this so please be gentle :blush:

Thanks

Yes on some of them. But with panda it says that an error has occured and thats as far as it goes. Its no biggie but I still hope to one day be able to delete IE altogether.

Thanks for your advice and I will make sure to check that in the future

:wave:

ford101,

Don't delete IE, just don't use it anymore.

You still need IE for "Windows Update" and if "Windows Update" has updatings for IE, download and install them as well.

Any site dependent on ActiveX will not work in anything but IE. There is an ActiveX plugin for Mozilla, but I strongly recommend against installing it. That's sort of like escaping from the Soviet Union by running to East Germany.

You need to install the user agent switcher extension so you can bypass those stupid "this site requires MSIE" barrier pages. http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/useragentswitcher