• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mazolauk

Opera

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently downloaded Opera, as an alternative to IE. It never loaded any web pages ,so I uninstalled it. Here's where the weirdness occurred. As I started the un-install process, two of my anti spyware guards kicked in (Spyware Guard and SSaD resident shield). One informed me that "uninstall.exe had attempted to load a blocked process" and the process was being aborted. The other identified the banned process as Ezula Top Text and listed the process as being a file (labelled as GLB(randomnumbers)A2B - something like that) being dropped in the temp directory.

Do you think this was a false positive , or has Opera got sneaky?

Edited by mazolauk

Most likely a false positive. I've never got anything like that installing Opera.

a file (labelled as GLB(randomnumbers)A2B - something like that) being dropped in the temp directory.

That's a false positive and you should contact whoever makes the program that was set off with that. When a file with that sort of name is put into your temp directory, it is a copy of the uninstaller currently in use. It uses the copy in the temp folder in order to be able to delete the program files folder for whatever you are uninstalling. It's nothing to worry about.