• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mazolauk

mazolauk

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 02:31 AM

Hi,
I recently downloaded Opera, as an alternative to IE. It never loaded any web pages ,so I uninstalled it. Here's where the weirdness occurred. As I started the un-install process, two of my anti spyware guards kicked in (Spyware Guard and SSaD resident shield). One informed me that "uninstall.exe had attempted to load a blocked process" and the process was being aborted. The other identified the banned process as Ezula Top Text and listed the process as being a file (labelled as GLB(randomnumbers)A2B - something like that) being dropped in the temp directory.
Do you think this was a false positive , or has Opera got sneaky?

Edited by mazolauk, 10 July 2004 - 02:33 AM.

#2 LineOFire

LineOFire

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

Most likely a false positive. I've never got anything like that installing Opera.

#3 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:26 PM

a file (labelled as GLB(randomnumbers)A2B - something like that) being dropped in the temp directory.

That's a false positive and you should contact whoever makes the program that was set off with that. When a file with that sort of name is put into your temp directory, it is a copy of the uninstaller currently in use. It uses the copy in the temp folder in order to be able to delete the program files folder for whatever you are uninstalling. It's nothing to worry about.
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button