• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Greg Johnson

Help I don't know about spyware/adware/hijacking

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I go online for very few things. I generally only go to espn or hotmail but occassionally look up topics on google that lead me to news related sites (e.g. cnn or foxnews). I don't use AIM but my niece does.

For the past few months I have ads that will pop-up on my computer even when I don't have Internet Explorer open. I downloaded ad-aware from lavasoft and ran the program which seemed to quarantine a lot of stuff. This seems to correct the problem for a short amount of time but it always seems to come back.

I have read the information on this website and my homepage has never changed so I don't think my computer has been hijacked as it has been described here but I could be wrong.

How can I correct this problem once and for all or is that impossible?

If you need more information from my computer please let me know and I will provide it.

Thank you.

Greg Johnson

I don't know if what I am asking for is truly spyware help so I am sorry if I am posting to the incorrect forum.

Greg Johnson

We need a closer look at what's happening.

Please download Hijack this

Copy it into its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.

Press that, save the log, do Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

But you need to register. Your log should go in the Malware Removal or PC Troubleshooting forum.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0