• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nocturnicus

Looking for a Weatherbug alternative

8 posts in this topic

Hello all

I just fixed up a problem with Malware. One of the things the tech suggested I get rid of is Weatherbug. How bad is Weatherbug and what programs out there offer the same thing? I really liked this program.

For those who don't know Weatherbug it basically added an icon to show the current temp in your zip code in next to the clock in the toolbar. If you opened it you got an extremely accurate forcast. It also notified you if there was any weather advisories in effect in your area.

So does anyone out there know of a similar program? Maybe a way to disable whatever negative programs Weatherbug has? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Nocturnicus

While not as unobtrusive as weather bug the Desktop sidebar is extremely cool, free, and comes with no spyware. It links to weather.com's forcasts and info. It also has a lot of other modules available.

http://www.desktopsidebar.com/

Hope this helped.

Bringer

Robby,

Weatherbeetle is a great little alternative. Be aware though that if you use Mozilla, the "Forecast" feature currently does not work. The application developer is currently fixing this issue.