Brwsing & Logged In Ebay/error "page cant display

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 beastmaster

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:41 PM

Well, I feel so exhausted from this. I am on IE 6.. SP1, WinXP Home Sp1. While I am on Ebay AND logged In (it does not happen if not logged in) I am constantly getting error "Page can not be displayed". I have tried sooooo many combinations to figure this problem out. I have done the free virus checkers, Spybot, Adaware, HJT, CWS, Firewall, no firewall. The closest I have gotten to pin pointing is I get temp reprieve when I clear cookies and temp file. So far it seems to be further pin pointed to clearing the cookies rather than the temp file. I will at least get a couple of loaded pages (on a bad day, like today, yesterday, day before). I have e-mailed Ebay, spoke with Direcway (I have direcway 6000), Microsoft forums, and get only general suggestions. It seems that once this error starts, I cant get away from it. Even if I closed browser and open new one. I also get tem reprieve (sometimes) when I click on the "detect network settings". This does not always do the trick. But I must still delete cookies or else will keep giving me error page after page.

A couple of weeks ago I ran CWS and it say it found JK.search...something. I did a search on it and could not find any info. At the time I just let CWE do its thing and did not give it much thought. The other day I downloaded "No Adware" It said it found Actbar.ocx. It wanted money to clean (of course) so I cleaned myself. I did a second scan after and it said it found a file called W32.HLLW.Respan/W32.HLLW.astef. It said it was in C:\Windows\System32\DllCache\svFile. I searched and searched and did not find that file anywhere.

Please, Please can someone help.? I can not take this much longer.

:techsupport: :techsupport: :techsupport:

#2 jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:13 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button