ME DeFrag Program help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLady

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:10 AM

Hi hope I have posted this in the correct area.

My PC has problems doing a proper defrag - and I know it badly needs one.

I run Windows ME

My friend suggests I get - Speed Up My PC v2.01 - to maximise the Windows programs and do a decent defrag.

However my concern is he has found it off this German site

As I normally use and have trusted Download.com for other programs for my pc was wondering if anyone can say this is a trusted site and that their programs are free of bugs etc. or maybe suggest another site to get it from.
My friend spent quite a lot of time surfing for the best defrag program for my pc - however i would like a second opinion re this site as neither of us have used it before.
Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

I added an English website about this software, which is easier to read for the members of this forum.
Please wait for replies of professionals.
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#3 ShadowLady

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:40 PM

:D Thanks Erik - that site certainly is a bit easier to read.

Its sound like it something that i canuse - but if there are any IT guys to say anything more about it - I certainly would appreciate your imput.

Thanks in Advance

#4 wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:54 PM

Just a thought before you try a special program. Have you tried to to defrag in "SAFEMODE"? This will stop most background programs from loading which is usually the main culprit of defrag problems. Goodluck!

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!