• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 isnclown

isnclown

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

Hello,
My pc has been hijacked recently. I've tried using a couple spyware/hijack removal softwares but with no luck. My startpage is changed almost everytime I open a new window and I'm also getting a fair amount of pop up ads.
Help would be great.

--Chris

here's my HijackThis scan log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 1:09:24 PM, on 7/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\apiqs32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntfw.exe
C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\spyblocker.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 7.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 7.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\uqtih.dll/sp.html#12802
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://uqtih.dll/index.html#12802
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://uqtih.dll/index.html#12802
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\uqtih.dll/sp.html#12802
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://uqtih.dll/index.html#12802
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\uqtih.dll/sp.html#12802
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\about.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.dellnet.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A788B74B-4D59-8481-0B32-600C153729CD} - C:\WINDOWS\javayv32.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntfw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntfw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyBlocker] C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\spyblocker.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpywareKilla] "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\SpywareKilla.exe" /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [\IEService.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\IESERV~1\IEService.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDMon.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\spydoctor.exe" /Q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 7.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 7.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &KewlBar Search - res://C:\Program Files\KewlBar 5.0\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: KewlBar 5.0 (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: KewlBar 5.0 (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: PD (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {10000000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - file://C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ntkkubxj.exe
O16 - DPF: {CA034DCC-A580-4333-B52F-15F98C42E04C} (Downloader Class) - https://www.stopzill...ller/dwnldr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{FD9F68A5-65A0-4589-B547-64BD0BA1A0DE}: NameServer = 205.188.146.146

#2 matt4

matt4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:50 PM

im not an expert but I would try downloading system security suite and deleting unkown BHO (Browser Helper Objects). Im not familiar with hijack this and do not know if you can do it from there. Im not familiar with all of your programs, but you might try running msconfig from the run prompt and disabling some of the non-vital programs from your startup menu. This will usually keep programs running in the background from accessing the internet unless you start them manually.

#3 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:36 PM

The latest version of AdAware is claimed to with this infestation.

Please download AdAware from http://www.lavasoft.de/

Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by using the "webupdate".

Make sure the following settings are made and on (ON=GREEN)

From main window click "Start" then " Activate in-depth scan"

Click "Use custom scanning options>Customize" and have these options on: "Scan within archives" ,"Scan active processes","Scan registry", "Deep scan registry" ,"Scan my IE Favorites for banned URL" and "Scan my host-files"

go to settings(the gear on top of AdAware)>Tweak>Scanning engine and tick "Unload recognized processes during scanning", "Cleaning engine" and "Let windows remove files in use at next reboot"

To save your settings click "proceed".

Now click the "Scan" button.

When scan is finished, mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose"select all" from the drop down menu) then press next and then say yes to the prompt, do you want to remove all these entries.

Reboot again, and let Adaware run if it asks.

If adaware runs after the reboot, reboot again before doing a new scan with Hijack this, and post a fresh log.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#4 isnclown

isnclown

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:41 PM

I just wanted to thank you all for your help. It's been a couple of days since I ran ad aware and it seems to have done the trick!
--chris

#5 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 03:53 PM

Glad we could help!

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button