winsys32.exe and winsystem.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 puserERC

puserERC

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:15 AM

I have used hijackthis to fix winsys32.exe and winsystem.exe but when I go to delete the executable files I can't find them. After fixing the problem with hijackthis restarting me computer and running hijackthis again, winsys32.exe and winsystem.exe are still in the results. There is a folder in my windows folder called prefetch that countains a lot of files with both winsys32 and winsystem in the file name. Do I delete the whole folder or is there some other course of action I should be taking?

Thanks for your help
puserERC

#2 Guest_pugs_*

Guest_pugs_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:42 AM

Hello PuserERC,

If you dont have an Anti Virus program there are free ones available or free online scans available. There are several listed in my signature. Before running an Anti Virus scan, open task manager ( cntl+alt+del ) and end process on winsys32 and winsystem if they are running. Next, select one of the anti virus programs in my signature and run it. Complete deletion may require more than just that, you can post a log here to check if its clean and for any other problems as well.

#3 Guest_pugs_*

Guest_pugs_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

To add a quick reply here, all files in prefetch can be deleted. Microsoft tried to guess what programs you want to have running and gets them ready for use to speed things up. Prefetch will add new files as it builds back up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button