infected by a dialer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KilometersCelcius

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

problem: every few hours, a dialer is summoned and goes about trying to conenct me to a 'test number.' at this point it's just a hassle. i'm not connected through a regular phone line. but obviously i'd like this thing gone.

i've read the faq. i'd post a hijack this log file if that would be useful to anyone. the only thing in the faq i didn't understand was the thing about not posting a HJT logfile unless you've scanned your system with ad-aware or spybot first.

months ago i tried finding the source of this dialer, but i can't remember now where i looked and what i checked in to. i tried a spybot sweep but didn't know what i was looking for. nothing jumped out at me. so i didn't delete or quarantine anything.

can anyone help me get rid of this thing?

#2 listic

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

Usually everything that Spybot finds are known malware .. it is suggested to remove everything that spybot search and destroy finds.

#3 Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,291 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:46 PM

That information is incorrect... If you run Spybot in Advanced mode it will identify a large number of items that are not malware and you probably do not want to fix them... Only the items noted in RED print are clear malware...

And yes, as it says in the FAQ, you need to post a HJT log to get help with this issue... Please be sure that you have updated to version 1.98 before you post....

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button