PC Memory skyrocketing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 aagha

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

I'm having a problem with my PC where it seems as if the memory utilization is very high--much normal than I think it has been in the past.

I've also got an annoying problem where, when I check my mail in Outlook, the memory goes upwards like crazy. I'm not sure if this is because Outlook is pumping the memory up for every message that comes in or because Symantec is checking every message. Even still, when all my mail is checked and downloaded, my memory utilization stays very high, and doesn't come back down.

In fact, it's so bad, that sometimes I have to re-start my machine because I get "virtual memory out of memory" errors. I've attached an image of my memory usage when I check my mail.

What I'd appreciate is some input as to what may be processes running on my machine which may either be malicious, or what I just don't need to run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• W2KOutlookMemory.gif

#2 jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:33 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button